question

Steve Preston avatar image
Steve Preston asked

Does the new VRM Dashboard have an MPPT status bug

oops-it-is-not-off2.jpgoops-it-is-not-off.jpgI believe that the logic for displaying the solar status of Bulk, Absorption, Float & Off needs some refinement. I really liked seeing that info on the Dashboard until this morning when it was showing OFF while one of my controllers was actually in Float mode. Basically, the VRM Dashboard will show OFF if there are two (or probably more) MPPTs powered up and connected, either via BT or to the Cerbo, and one is disabled. It can be off because of no solar input, disabled by VictronConnect, or powered off.

Testing that I performed. I have the following devices:

1. Smartsolar MPPT 100/20 48, connected to Cerbo via USB
  2. Smartsolar MPPT 100/50, connected to Cerbo via VE.direct
  3. Cerbo GX
  4. Smartshunt, connected to Cerbo via VE.direct

I initially thought it was that the MPPT that had no PV connected was selected as the master in the BT network but after removing both MPPTs and the SmartShunt from the network, the issue was still there.

Then I thought is was a conflict with the BT Networking and the DVCC in the Cerbo GX both being enabled so I turned both of them off and the issue was still there. Furthermore it occurs if BT networking is enabled, or if DVCC is enabled, or if both are enabled.

I then thought that it could be because one of my MPPTs was connected with a VE.direct cable to the Cerbo and the other MPPT was connected via USB. I connected both by USB with the same results.

Am I completely missing something, or is this a logic bug that I have found?

The 2nd screenshot was taken after some testing with one MPPT off and the other in Bulk after being restarted.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 answered ·

Try connecting both mppt controllers to cerbo via ve direct and the smartshunt on a usb port.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.