question

kristinabodhi avatar image
kristinabodhi asked

Need help troubleshooting - Inverter and buck-boost

Our inverter won’t turn on, we’ve been on the road for less than a week, it was working fine and then it suddenly died. We tested the connection to the DC, the fuse is good, it’s a 400amp fuse.

The data cables are connected, the light on the external BMS went from blue to red last night. We have 2 smart lithium batteries 200amp and a Victron VE bms and Oroin buckboost 100amp

PLEASE HELP. Is there any victron experts out there?

Phoenix InverterOrion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there just to ask have you checked with a multimeter the voltages on the batteries altho not an ideal charge level way to check but just to ensure the inverter is getting a correct voltage, I would suspect if the bms has went to red maybe batteries are flat and inverter has shut down as the voltage has dropped below the set value, I would also check that the batteries are supplying power as seems the bms has cut the power and this would render the inverter off when that happened. I would give the batteries a good charge from a grid charger and read the manual on the batteries and bms to reset it properly. I would also disconnect the batteries from the system when charging and also charge them individually then assemble again.

I hope you get it sorted thanks david

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Check the batteries with VictronConnect.

2 |3000