question

trougnouf avatar image
trougnouf asked

2-signal BMS on Quattro: can allow_charge be conditioned on to the two signals?

Hello all,

I will be using a custom BMS (Electrodacus) with the Victron Quattro 24/8000 and I would like to take advantage of the 2-signals BMS but I don't know whether it can achieve my requirements.

The BMS has 4 types of signals: charge_disconnect (0=disconnect), load_disconnect (0=disconnect), high_charge_alarm (0=high charge), low_charge_alarm (0=low charge).

I would like the Quattro to charge the battery only when low_charge_alarm=0 AND charge_disconnect=1. low_charge_alarm=0 to charge only when the solar panels are not providing enough to sustain the DC loads, and charge_disconnect=1 is important to ensure I don't damage the batteries (eg low temperature).

On the other hand I would like the Quattro to discharge the batteries (using the inverter) only when low_charge_alarm=1. This pin already turns off when load_disconnect does so no further safety measures there.

Are these conditions achievable on the Quattro? I know that it has two programmable pins for this purpose, but I don't know how programmable they are and what the interface is like.

Thank you for your time!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers