question

riclip avatar image
riclip asked

DC load on CCGX not indicating load

Installed are Victron LiFePo 12.8v Smart batteries with VEBus BMS, Quattro, Smart Solar MPPT and CCGX in a motorhome which has DC loads (12v lights, refrigerator etc) . Everything is working apart from the DC load readout on the CCGX, which I suspect will result in an inaccurate SOC. When I select "DC Load - ON" on the CCGX config settings, the DC load box appears on the Home Screen, however the dc load box only ever displays "--" even when there is a DC load turned on connected directly to the battery. As far as I can see from the setup manuals, the Smart batteries should show as a selectable option in the Battery Monitor list, however only the Quattro on VEBus appears as a battery monitor option. The battery monitor function has been turned on in the Quattro VEConfig. Anyone able to suggest what I may be missing?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you have DC loads you need a BMV-7XX or a SmartShunt to measure the current into/out of the batterie.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

riclip avatar image
riclip answered ·

Thanks Matthias...I was beginning to suspect that, the Victron "Smart" batteries are not as smart as some other brands - they do not have an integrated shunt!...the installation manuals appear to have conflicting advise...Section 5 of the Lithium Battery Smart manual states a dedicated battery monitor is not required in one section....but then in another section suggests it IS required when using a Multi/Quattro...anyway...thankyou for clearing that up.

2 |3000