question

bigben5 avatar image
bigben5 asked

Victron smart dongle constantly reconnects

I have a bluetooth dongle connected to a 50A/75V MPPT blue solar controller. The controller and dongle have both got the latest firmware installed. I am trying to perform a factory reset as my controller is now required to run a 12v system, having previously been used on a 24v system.

Every time I connect, within 5 to 10 seconds it disconnects from the app then automatically reconnects which leaves no time to adjust settings (I have time to scroll to the appropriate setting and press reset but it will not stay connected long enough to perform the reset) . I have tried using three different phones all with the latest version of the app installed. The app/dongle was able to update the firmware on startup so it seems as though it is capable of holding a connection in some regards.

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hello,

Can you perhaps create a VictronConnect service report after a few disconnects and post that here in an answer? The procedure is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic