question

andre-de-lange avatar image
andre-de-lange asked

Pv volts not showing in VRM dash board

db75775e-ebda-407a-8097-d8643e6ddc56.jpegHi I have attached 2 pictures of 2 installations the one is showing pv volts and amps in the dashboard and the other is not. This was taken at night and both widgets were turned on. Please check as we would like both to show

Tnx André7fef00d9-5e1d-4b92-bde8-53c8062c1e58.jpeg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

13 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Solar panels dont work when it is dark.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi you dont mention what type of PV chargers you have attached ie is one a Victron Smartsolar and the other a grid tie unit, and as Klim also says if its night time and there is no voltage then it may turn off fully at night , so please check during the day, as normally if they are smart MPPT they show, also check the firmware that the smart solar units are on and if need be upgrade the firmware , as you may have a difference there as well

2 |3000

andre-de-lange answered ·

2873e39c-cd6e-4372-895f-ab70420016ee.jpegHi guys sorry tnx for the reply. Please find both installation dashboards taken during the day. Both has mppt 250/100 victron flagship chargers. The one does show amps and volts on the mppt side cicled in red PV and the other NOT.

please advise on how both can be shown the amps and volts on the pv side

Tnx

André

caff2f68-eb00-41d5-a67b-1a987a9ab203.jpeg

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Are both systems running the latest FW versions? (GX device and MPPT)
0 Likes 0 ·
andre-de-lange avatar image andre-de-lange Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Yes all running latest firmware MPPT and colour control
0 Likes 0 ·

Yes I can confirm all units MPPT and colour controls both have the latest versions

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I see the secound unit has a grid lost alarm please clear this and check again

some thing is set differently, or there is different equipment on one to the other. ie a smart shunt on one and not the other, DVCC turned on on one units GX and not the other. check all setting are ALL the same IN ALL devices. and compare like for like

Note both should be showing, and I do not know why the first one is not showing if you have all the latest firmware's on BOTH systems

some thing is set differently, or there is different equipment on one to the other. ie a smart shunt on one and not the other, DVCC turned on on one units GX and not the other. check all setting are ALL the same.

to find this you will have to do diagnostic's

clear the grid error
reconnect the grid

you may need to do some swapping around. IE swap the 2 mppt units over and see if the problem transposes.

these are just guess's and possible place's to look

2 |3000

Hi Paul I have checked everything and cleared all errors. Please find new pics. Problem still exits

4e9f8a54-c02d-40f7-a369-cdee2520fe23.png5562c034-a81f-494a-acec-8473dcaf7ba2.jpeg

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Andre de lange

What you haven't made clear is that the 'offending' installation has multiple mppts. Does the other that you're using for comparison?

I'd suggest this is the issue, and it may not be VRM, but instead possibly the way Venus treats data from multiple mppts.

2 |3000

Hi John yes the one installation does indeed have two MPPTs and this is the installation not showing the pv volts and amps. Is there a wou around this or is it going to be added in the future ?

We are running a colour control on both installations

Tnx again

André

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

With multiple chargers it does not seem to show pv voltage etc. My installs are the same.

2 comments
2 |3000

dunnp avatar image dunnp commented ·
I see the same on my systems and makes sense when you think about it. With 2 (or more) MPPTs and different panel arrays, how would it know which PV volts & amps to display? Amps could be summed but volts would make no sense.
0 Likes 0 ·
dunnp avatar image dunnp dunnp commented ·
Magic! Multiple PV data added overnight. Great work VRM team.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

screenshot-2021-08-16-at-165813.png

Seems a change has been made. Nice one.

6 comments
2 |3000

teloth avatar image teloth commented ·
Yes, it is nice but room for improvment still.

It seems static and appears to update once a minute?

Also , voltage and amps probably clutters the view , just wattage would be better I think , or an option to customise view.

I say this , because on my iphone SE ( small screen ) it just shows me the Volts and cuts out rest of the more important information , ie. WATTS

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ teloth commented ·
Just turn the phone onto its side for a landscape view, works just fine.
0 Likes 0 ·
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

And you can also horizontally scroll the detail box!

0 Likes 0 ·
teloth avatar image teloth Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

OK, that works , but I still believe total WATTS generated is alot more inportant than the PV array voltage and amps , as the first displayed figures, which would reduce the " finger " interaction with the phone.

So , if I may suggest , WATTS first , then Volts and amps ( if they have to be displayed at all )

Also , make it dynamic update , second intervals , exactly same as total Watts updates , then I give the full marks :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
teloth avatar image teloth Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·
Hi VRM team ! You are inches away from my full marks :-) I can see now the information updates every second for the individual PV arrays , which is great.

Is it also possible to have the WATTS displayed and the Volts and Amps after that?

Total power is surely more important as the initial display figure Volts / Current , which would also prevent scrolling on the phone , I know you can have the phone in landscape mode , but you still have to scroll down to get to the PV Charger section ( on a smaller phone ) , which still requires unneccessary interaction , not only rotate the phone and still have to scroll down on VRM dashboard view.

0 Likes 0 ·
n-dee avatar image n-dee commented ·

Nice feature indeed.

Have 5 mmpt's here but only the fist two in the list are updating continous.
The others appear to be static and update only on reload.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi All indeed its showing on all our installations

Thanks VICTRON

2 |3000

kivanov avatar image
kivanov answered ·

Hi All,

Do not want to open a new thread, but seems that after a recent change in the VRM (during the last several days), this problem is present again - NO PV data is show in VRM dashboard (details are enabled). Only the power(Wats) going to the battery is seen in the PV box, but not the rest of the details seen previously.

I must emphasize that this is valid for VIctron PV chargers and even for Fronius PV inverters. I have 3 installations and the data is not shown for any of them (the PV sources).

Here are three shots of the 3 installations:
1) with PV inverter
2) with Victron MPPT 450/100
3) with Victron MPPT 150/35
It used to show the PV voltage, the PV power and the charge power that is going to the battery under the PV charger box in the VRM dashboard. This was all seen before several days, so it is definitely a change in the VRM, not my setup.

1_PV_inverter.png
2_MPPT450.png
3_MPPT_SmartSolar150_35.png

2 |3000

kivanov avatar image
kivanov answered ·

Any suggestions or resolution of the mentioned issue?

2 |3000