question

alexi avatar image
alexi asked

cerbo gx wont power up

hey guys!

maybe a stupid question but i am trying to power up my cerbo gx with my 48v battery with the included cables but nothing happens. i blew 2 fuse. i might have gotten +- wrong at the beginning.

I tried a external 24v powersupply, but when i plug in the connector the psu beeps for a short curcuit.

Did i damage the cerbo? is it "kaputt"?

thanks for your help in advance an greetings from germany!

alex

cerbo gx
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
Just had the same issue today. Couple days ago I powered up my bus bar with 48V as I have done several times in the past to program different devices, and the Cerbo was just fine on all those occasions. Today I installed a relay in the Cerbo, then put 48V power on the bus bar and got nothing. I heard a "click" from the unit but that was it. I pulled the power out of the Cerbo and put it back in and it flickered an orange light momentarily, heard a click, then nothing.

I checked the fuse and it looks good to me. The bus was at 53V or so (as it has been every other time I've used it) but I imagine the Cerbo can handle that given that it works on 48V systems where the voltage is regularly higher to charge batteries, but no idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ alaskannoob commented ·

Cerbo powered by 48V system is fine. However on some of the older units there's an internal fault which only shows on 48V systems. Net result is dead Cerbo.

Details in the following thread:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/155994/cerbo-gx-capacitor.html

1 Like 1 ·
alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
This is a newer Cerbo. I checked the serial number to make sure this after market fix wasn't required.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Eine falsche Polarität sollte den Cerbo glaube ich nicht direkt zerstören.

Kontaktieren sie den Händler, bei dem sie das Gerät gekauft haben.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anita avatar image
Anita answered ·

@alexi Did you find a solution yet? If yes, what is it?

I installed a Cerbo this past weekend and it wouldn't power up either. Fortunately no fuses blown. Double checked polarity. Checked that there is power all the way up to the plug terminals of the little black pluggie. But Cerbo would not power up.

I have been in contact with my supplier, and they will be replacing the unit this week.

Anybody else had this problem?

2 |3000

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

Hello, I have the same issue, I had already connected the Cerbo and for a split second had the cable connected to the battery worn way. Now I am looking how to solve this. What did they do on your problem

2 |3000

wepbsk avatar image
wepbsk answered ·

Same problem here. I had it connected for a few seconds and the orange WiFi light started flashing.

Later I mounted it to the wall and connected it to the battery. Now it won't start up, shows no reaction.

Is there an internal fuse to be replaced? Reset somehow?

2 |3000