question

andyridyard avatar image
andyridyard asked

Venus GX disconnects from WiFi after some days and has to be rebooted

For over a year I've been happily using a Victron system comprising Multiplus II (5kW), BMV712, Two Smartsolar chargers, and a bank 8kWHr, 48V PbA batteries. All connected to Venus GX, which connects to house Access Point.

The Access Point is reset every 24 hours to prevent build up of sessions with other devices. The GX behaves fine for days, but recently stops being seen through the VRM, requiring me to go to battery shed and battle through cobwebs, to physically power cycle just the GX. All is then fine again for a few days more. Are there any diagnostic checks I can run, or settings to change to overcome this?!

Thanks in advance to anyone out there who can throw light on this

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is a setting in the VRM Portal menu of the Venus to automatically reboot the Venus if there is no connection to the VRM portal for set time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Try v.2.60 (and disable automatic updates). Wi-Fi works better in that for me (but I have a Cerbo GX).

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I would suggest it is AP or signal related. If anything, I have found that wifi is lot better on the newer versions.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @AndyRidyard , which version of Venus OS are you using at the moment?

And, once it has failed, what do you see in the menu? They method to find out would be to go to the Venus GX, and access it via its built-in access point. Preferably make a screenshot when in there.

Thanks!

2 |3000