question

smandiol avatar image
smandiol asked

Running a Multiplus II 48/3000 35 with only one US3000 Pylontech battery in an Off-Grid System?

Hi Victron Comunnity!

I am installing the following system:

1 Multiplus II 3000/48 35

1 Pylontech US3000

1 MPPT Bluesolar 150/70

1 Venus GX

3000 watt in solar panels

The question I do have right now is: Would the system work? Given that the peak current limit of pylontech batteries are 100Amp per 15 seconds, and the Inverter peak watts surge ratting is 6000W (125 Amps for a 48Vdc configuration)?

Thanks a lot!

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

This isn't the best system design but it would work, as long as you don't run really high loads on your inverter. This isn't a good design because under certain load conditions you will trip the battery off.
Also pylontech batteries don't do well close to their limits. I would not run more than 2000W continuous with just one module.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smandiol avatar image smandiol commented ·
Thanks for the answer! Yes, I understand, that is not the best system, but my client wanted a "first stage" of the project, because of economic limitations. But the advice for my client is to get one more battery and more PV power.

My only question is, if for the fist stage, the battery will be able to run the Inverter for the first time, because of the surge rating (charging the capacitors).

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake smandiol commented ·
Yes, it will be fine. I have started the 48/3000 from a single US2000.

The pylontech has a mosfet based BMS so it does a soft start when you turn it and you don't get high inrush currents like you would on a contactor or circuit breaker. I tend to pre-charge from PV if that is available.

0 Likes 0 ·
smandiol avatar image smandiol shaneyake commented ·
Excellent! Thanks a lot, will run it in a couple of days! If I have any troubles, will come back here with more questions ;)

0 Likes 0 ·