question

whynotrv avatar image
whynotrv asked

Autotransformer step down split phase to single phase

With the 100amp autotransformer, stepping down 240 split phase to single phase… 2 questions… is the single phase output capable of 100amps if the 240 in is 2 legs of 50amp? Also, if I drop a phase (RV setup, say using a 30 amp adapter which only brings in 1 leg of 120) does it effect anything or will it still just put out it’s 1 leg?

Autotransformersplit phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Cody Smith avatar image Cody Smith commented ·
Did you ever get this executed and figured out? I am wondering the same thing. I want to input 50A split phase and output single phase to my dual multipluses and run them parallel.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
malolo avatar image
malolo answered ·

As far as I understand the limit of the unbalance is 32 Amps. So a total output of 100Amps with a delta of 32 amps Between the legs.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

whynotrv avatar image whynotrv commented ·
Thanks, after doing some further research on it I'm sure that is correct. Now to confirm if the single phase 120 in will provide regular 120 out. I believe it does but want to confirm. Victron should make an interactive platform that you can "wire" all the products in the application you want to make sure everything is right.
1 Like 1 ·