question

devodave avatar image
devodave asked

Can Cerbo GX disable 4 x Smartsolars on digital input?

I'm on a catamaran and I am soon to install a Cerbo GX and have 4 x Smartsolar MPPT's. (2 via DE.Direct, 2 via USB).

I need to disable the SmartSolars whenever my engine-powered alternator is providing power because the regulator gets confused by the power put out by the solars and does not produce peak power (150A).

I assume I can disable the Smartsolars through the GX Touch manually, but can I hook up something to a digital input and disable/enable from there?

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DevoDave

Other than switching off individually via software on off through victron connect on the smart solars there are a few options.

Since i dont know what mppt models you are intending to buy, i just thought to mention there are remote on off cables for mppts but the drawback is there is no comms with a gx.

https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/ve-direct-non-inverting-remote-on-off-cable

But some of the larger mppts have a remote on off port for this reason. Or you can get can connected mppts.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/cache/1561552643_upload_documents_1550_1000-SmartSolar%20MPPT%20150-70-Tr%20%28connections%29.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

As far as I am aware not on the normal firmware on the GX, if you install the Large version, this can be setup in NodeRed but that is an advanced feature.

2 |3000

devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

(In regard to what controllers I am using I have a couple of SmartSolar 75/15's and am adding two SmartSolar 100/30's.)

Looks like I will be deep diving into NodeRed. Thanks.

2 |3000