question

steffenp avatar image
steffenp asked

MPPT RS - 450/100 Isolation Resistance

Hi,

is it possible, to show the Isolation resistance of the strings connected to the MPPT RS - 450 Series? It would be a very nice feature, to log this over time, when it is for example raining. I can't find it in Modbus Registers Whitepaper. Actually this is a great feature, but Iam now a little bit disappointed not seeing these values anywhere...

Maybe you have plans to add these values in future, or is it just not documented?

Thanks,

Steffen

mppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, I'm sure you've seen it - but if not: we added the Isolation Resistance to be seen in VictronConnect.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
oops, Stefanie answered this as well, hadn't seen that. Anyway: her answer is even better than mine.

And, probably good to know that, in a soon to come version this value will be removed from the main Status page, and we'll put it in the settings somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Any chance this will be put into dbus at some point? Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
pripp avatar image pripp mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Would be a nice feature if the ISO resistance could be monitored over VRM for predictive maintenance.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SteffenP,

this is already possible to see via VictronConnect in the Status window.

Unfortunately it currently contains the wrong wording 'Input resistance', but is meant to be 'Isolation Resistance'. It should become corrected in the next VictronConnect firmware update.

2 |3000