question

Grant Baldock avatar image
Grant Baldock asked

SmartShunt 500A not setting SOC to 100%

Hi all,

I think I need some help understanding why my SOC is not being set to 100%. I have 2x 120AH Lithium batteries installed in my camper. I have the SmartShunt settings as per below with the Battery capacity set at 240ah

1627797202422.png

I also have a Victron IP22 30A Charger installed.

The Charger is reporting the battery is in Storage phase and has been for almost a week. I also noticed today that it did it's weekly absorption cycle. The SmartShunt is reporting Voltage of 14.13 with a almost constant Current of -0.15A or -0.16A and power of constant -2W. The charger is reporting voltage of 13.89v and Current of 0.0A. I manually set the SOC to 100% last weekend when the charger went into storage mode. Given the current draw the Consumed AH is showing -25.1 Ah and the SOC is 92%.

From my understanding given the settings I have for the shunt the SOC should automatically set to 100% once the voltage is above 13.5, the tail current is less than 2% and this is condition is maintained 3 minutes. Am I wrong? What could be preventing this setting to 100%?

SmartShuntSOC
1627797202422.png (139.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Have a look at this link as that may help you https://octopusasia.com/battery-monitor-and-soc-state-of-charge/

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Grant Baldock avatar image Grant Baldock commented ·
Thank you Paul,

I watched the video and whilst I believe that I may need to alter some of the settings so that when I am off-grid and using Solar that I don't move to 100% too early. It doesn't appear to explain why I am not hitting the automatic 100% SOC when on 240v charge.

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Grant Baldock commented ·
More than likley the charged voltage setting, you need to read up on all those different settings

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources