I'm trying to understand the sense of having a shunt with the system as below:
- 1x Multiplus Compact 12/1600 with MK3 cable
- Cerbo GX on Raspberry Zero 2W
- MPPT 75/15 with VE.direct cable to USB + PV 100W
- Victron AGM 90ah 12V
- Grafana on a external server
- no other DC Loads
- in a near future a AC-coupled SMA Inverter on AC Out with 1500 Wp
1. Is something wrong with the battery monitor built into Multiplus ? Is it precise for ESS ?
2. Will the system work better (and how in details) with a external Smart Shunt, will the SOC be more precise and does it matter ?
What I need is the ESS on Multiplus to work as good and efficient as possible.
I don't need to have the SOC shown anywhere, no need for battery % visualization, no displays required - only remote console is what I need.
So ... do I still need a shunt ?