question

theklaas avatar image
theklaas asked

batt Capacity added - ESS reconfigure needed

Hello,

I have a question about the ESS config.

At this moment I have 2 Victrons multiplus-2. They are managed bij Victron cerbo.

The battery is based on BYD Premium LVS 4.0.

For the configuration, I follow the Victron BYD documentation (https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box)

When I started with this setup, I had only one battery unit. So, the batt capacity was set 78Ah within the ESS config.

Later on, I added a batt module to increase the capacity. But I didn’t update the ESS config with VEConfig utility.

The Cerbo reports that 2 batt modules are installed. And the total capacity is correct.

Is it really necessary to change de ESS config? This gives a downtime.

The batt is charged with MTTP that also managed by Cerbo.

thanks

Config ESS -> one batt module

ess-config.png

current config with 2 batt modules

cerbo-bms-info.png

ESSVEConfigure 3BYD
ess-config.png (80.2 KiB)
cerbo-bms-info.png (29.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @theklaas,

It's not really necessary, no. The DVCC system inside your GX device should be reading the accurate state of charge (and available capacity) directly from the battery itself.

Unless you have changed the Multiplus to be selected as the primary battery monitor, by default the BMS-Can reported value from the BYD will be used directly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

theklaas avatar image
theklaas answered ·

Thanks for the anwser Guy.

2 |3000