question

jacque avatar image
jacque asked

ESS Throttling MPPT to zero when Grid Feed In is disabled

System:

Quattro 48/8000 (Firmware 478) with 8 x 220Ah Flooded Lead Acid batteries, 2 x 150/35 MPPT's, CCGX (Firmware 472).

ESS Set to Keep Batteries charged. DVCC disabled. So, I do not want to feed excess power into the grid, but I want the solar to follow the load profile during the day where possible, and only take shortfall from the grid. Batteries must stay fully charged, do not want to cycle them unless grid fails.

Problem, is that when I Disable DC MPPT feeding in, the Solar output from both MPPT's drops to zero. If I Enable Feeding in, the solar shoots up to max, and sometimes it does feed into the grid.

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@jacque@bushpower.co.za

Have you tried using optimizes with battery life and keep min soc to 100%? Some systems insist on 95% soc in case of grid faliure.

screenshot-20210723-143656.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
jacque avatar image
jacque answered ·

Will try and let you know. I am pretty sure I have tried it before, and it worked for a while, then stopped working after the first slight discharge/re-charge cycle. But perhaps now with later firmware, it will work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jacque avatar image
jacque answered ·

No, sadly it does not work. The solar gets throttled intermittently despite a constant load.

2 |3000

wannibi avatar image
wannibi answered ·

Did you sort this issue yet? I am having a similar issue. As soon as my current SOC is below the "Minimum SOC (unless grid fails)", the MPPT throttles down to max charge current, and source the required balance from the grid. As soon as I manually lower the SOC limit, MPPT production ramp up to max or to match charge and current usage. See this post date to 2021. Even with OS3.0 this seem to not be resolved yet.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic