question

Dave Rae avatar image
Dave Rae asked

Off-grid MPPT showing ESS State in VictronConnect 5.24 when using a managed BMS battery

Hello, I have just finished installing a victron off-grid system, consisting of a (Multiplus II 48/5000), (Two 150/70 MPPT), (Pylontech Batteries 4x US-3000). Everything working fine just noticed that even though the system is configured for full off-grid setup no Mains at all, just generator option if needed, that when viewing the MPPT charge controllers through the connect app on my phone that the battery charge state displays (ESS). They are both connected to the (CCGX) by (VE:Direct) connections.... In a completely off-grid setup should not this say something like (BMS) managed not (ESS) as this is for grid connected system... Cheers......
ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Ahh yes, thanks for reporting.

Firstly, this does not indicate a problem. That's the good news.

It is a bit of legacy message, but I understand the confusion.

It has been corrected on the GX devices to now say "External Control", but the app still says "ESS".

10217-screen-shot-2020-05-28-at-103914-am.jpg

10225-img-5128.png

I will pass this on to the VictronConnect developer to fix.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave Rae avatar image Dave Rae commented ·
Thanks Guy....
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic