question

scaniadvr avatar image
scaniadvr asked

Quattro shutting down when Lithium batteries are full

Hi I have a Quattro that I have just replaced the Failing AGM battries with 4 24v 100Ah batteries wired in parallel and changed all settings as per Victron specs the problem in having is when the batteries are full the Quattro is completly shutting down and restarting without any alarm.

my observations are that the dc voltage starts to climb and when it gets to approx 30v it faults out, I,m wondering if the bms in the batteries is disconecting causing the spike in voltage causing the inverter to trip.

if so is there a work arround for this? the batteries are standalone not connected to the inverter, im using the standard Victron LifePo settings which is lower then the batterys recomended im pulling my hair out here any help would be appreciated thanks.

Ok I disabled the charger in the Quattro and am charging off the solar and is cutting off as it should and not spiking the voltage the problem is the quattro pushing the voltage up to 30v then tripping any ideas?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What batteries do you have?

During the first charging it can happen that the cells are out of balance and at some point the BMS will cut off.

Try to lower the charging current to a very low value and change slowly to give them time to balance. This can take some hours.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scaniadvr avatar image scaniadvr commented ·
thanks I did that and they seem to be behaving now I have 4 24v 100Ah quantium LifePo Battries in Parallel DVCC was also on I switched that off.
0 Likes 0 ·