question

rljonesau avatar image
rljonesau asked

Should I still use Bluetooth MPPT synchronisation when also connected with Venus OS (RPi)

I have 2x SmartSolar MPTT 100 | 30, and a BMV 712.

I first used Smart Networking over Bluetooth to synchronise with the more accurate voltage from the BMV712, and have both chargers running in sync.

I have since added a RPi running Venus OS and also have VE-Direct connections to the 3 devices.

All is working well in Venus, but not sure if that now runs the show in terms of the synchronising via VE.Direct and the Bluetooth function is now redundant?
If redundant, should I leave the smart networking configured should be RPi go belly up?

MPPT SmartSolarVenus OSBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

If you want your Raspi to control stuff, you will need to brush up on Distributed Current and Voltage Control, .

Note you can not have Smart Networking and DVCC active at the same time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

You should remove the BMV from the network and use DVCC instead. For synchronisation between the chargers I can't see a problem in additionally using the VE.Smart feature.

2 |3000