question

bjmccoy50 avatar image
bjmccoy50 asked

Compatiable BMS for Cerbo

I am building a 16S 3.2.volt 280 AH battery pack and want the Cerbo GX to be read its data. Is there a 3rd part BSM that I can buy to manage my new battery pack and provide dat to to Cerbo GX?

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Louis van der Walt avatar image Louis van der Walt commented ·

My driver currently supports the LLT\JBD BMS and the Daly BMS (not the 2/3S version yet, but for 16cells it will be fine). If you still need to buy a BMS then I would suggest the JBD over the Daly, but both will work.
https://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery

1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @bjmccoy50,

AFAIK the REC-BMS is what you're looking for.

There are also some DIY solutions with optimised drivers for 3rd party BMS. I think it was @Louis van der Walt. More on that in the Modification Space

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bjmccoy50 avatar image
bjmccoy50 answered ·

Thanks, I'll take a look at REC-BMS's.

2 |3000

thirdeyesamuel avatar image
thirdeyesamuel answered ·

I currently use the REC Q BMS and have it linked to the Cerbo, MPPT, inverter, and bmv.

This is all with a Nissan Leaf house battery in a camper van.

img-3122.png

tempimage1hjv05.jpg

thirdeyesamuel-7.jpg

img-3122.png (593.8 KiB)
2 |3000