question

danielhedstrom avatar image
danielhedstrom asked

Venus os 2.66 on rpi3b+ not visible in VictronConnect

Both local console, remote console, and vrm data upload works. But I can’t see the rpi3b+ and Venus os 2.66 in the VictronConnect app, nor from active captain via mqtt. I had it working in a older rpi (which broke) running a Venus os large, but can’t get it to work in current rpi and version. I have tried connecting to the router (rut955) both via Ethernet and WiFi, and yes, my devices running VictronConnect are on the same network as the rpi (since local console works fine).

any ideas?

Venus OSVictronConnectRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Louis van der Walt avatar image
Louis van der Walt answered ·

You need to use v2.70 or newer for bluetooth. The VictronConnect app use bluetooth to link up with your Pi. The last 5 large image version were all running 2.70 already which would be why it worked for you before.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danielhedstrom avatar image danielhedstrom commented ·

Ah, thanks, makes sense, I will check out 2.70! Is it perhaps the same issue with mqtt and active captain?

0 Likes 0 ·