question

offroadflow avatar image

Phoenix and Multiplus sharing the same Neutral

Hello,

I'd like to connect two water pumps on one Phoenix 24/3000 and the rest of the house to a MultiPlus 24/3000. Same battery bank.

So far so good and no problem at all. BUT since Earth, Neutral and battery Negative are connected together anyways, I assume there's no issues having two separate inverters sharing their Neutral connections.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely, Flow

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

No issue with this, infact it may be a requirement of local wiring regulations.

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you, I reckoned, but wanted a second opinion.

Cheers

trip-tracks avatar image
trip-tracks answered ·

"BUT since Earth, Neutral and battery Negative are connected together anyways..."

If you are using RCDs on the inverter outputs, the LV neutrals should not be connected to the battery negative or the earth, and this statement is not correct. If you are using RCDs, the neutrals will need to remain isolated between inverters.

You didn't say your location or application (domestic/industrial/RV?). A lot can depend on what rules apply in your location and also you installation method. I suggest you contact a knowledgeable person to do your install so it is safe.

1 comment

Thank you for your answer.

It's a domestic installation and the only rules applying are physics here. Was simply asking for the possibilities.

For your opinion on RCDs: Please consult a knowledgeable person to give you a heads-up on how they actually work.

Regards from a professional in industrial electronics ;)