question

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett asked

"Sorry we are unable to complete your request at this time"

On several occasions while trying to post a question, I get the above response - and the question form is irretrievably lost. This is very annoying to say the least. Please can this be rectified? Re-creating a question is a pain. Thank you

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Mike Dorsett

Annoying indeed, I haven't seen it myself, but I'll report what you have told me to the devs.

Is there any other information you can give me to help?

Around what time does it occur (and timezone)?

When did you first see it?

How regularly does it happen?

Anything else you might be able to think of?

As a short work around until it can be properly fixed, I get in the habit of control + a, control + c, selecting all and then copying to my clip board whenever I make any post on a web form. That habit has saved me lots of time - not just on this community.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Hi Guy,

I think that today is the third or fourth time this has happened. Running Debian os with FirefoxESR. First seen this about a month ago, and no particular time of day noted, but most of my work in this Forum (thanks to Covid) is in the morning - Fiji time zone - so from 20UTC through to 00 UTC. (Fiji is UT+12). Probably happens most often when the question form is open for a long time - so would appear to be a time-out or refresh issue? Copying to clipboard would be a good habit to get into...

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Mike Dorsett,

There was an issue some time ago where leaving the window open would cause an error (something to do with spam protection), but I increased that 'limit' window to several hours, which I think stopped it for most people.

If anyone else is seeing the same issue as Mike, please report it here too.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I had this happen occasionally (for months).

Context: I usually go to the main page, check the threads/topics and then open multiple threads (to read them and maybe reply) in separate browser tabs.

Then If I post an answer/reply in one thread and after that I want to post an answer/reply in another thread, this error might show up.

The workaround (which never failed so far) is to remember to refresh the tab before posting in that other thread.

2 |3000

Paul Beskeen avatar image
Paul Beskeen answered ·

"Unable to execute your request

We're sorry, but we're unable to execute your request at this time. You may be seeing this page because you attempted to submit data on this site without first loading an appropriate form. Please attempt to visit the homepage of this site and then try your action again. If you believe this error is incorrect, please contact the site administrator(s). "

I get this message so often when using the forum, have to remember to copy my reply or question, refresh the page and paste it in and post. Drives me crazy as I dont always remember... Window 11, Chrome with latest updates.

Paul.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I've been having the same problem. I guess others are as well.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) is aware and has reported it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic