question

valiant81 avatar image
valiant81 asked

bluetooth problems !!

Hello , This is my first post and i'm hoping the forum can help.

I have a victron 12/30 (3 ) battery charger and have had that paired to my phone. This pairing works fine until a victron smart shunt. The charger works fine and has certainly given my house batteries in the caravan a boost. I have 2 X 220 Ah agm batteries to look after the requirements of my caravan. I also have now just fitted a Victron smart shunt ( 500 Amp/50mv ) and this is also paired to the phone. My phone also shows in the Victron app and the phone sees both the Battery charger and the smart shunt.

But this is where the problem lies. while i can open the app and look at the smart shunt, when i go into the app and try to look at the battery charger it keeps asking for the password or times out and i have to go back to the start and try again. I sometimes get to around the 20% load and then the app tries to re start again. The battery charger asked to update the firmware, this was done and the same with the smart shunt, so both have had the firmware upgraded. The other thing that is a problem is that the range of the bluetooth is very poor and i basically have to be sitting on top of the battery charger or the smart shunt to get a good signal.. The batteries along with the charger and smart shunt live under the bed in the caravan. I decided to go down the bluetooth parth as it would make it easy to see how my house batteries are going during the day. Better that lifting the bed !!

I also have tried to turned my phone off and re started it. i also have removed and reinstalled both the battery charger and the smart shunt. This has not helped !!

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there I have a guess maybe the software version or phone, have you tried can I ask different devices as when I setup my system I had various times the iPad would work and the iPhone but then nothing worked for a whole day couldn’t get into the app then I tried my friends Samsung phone it updated all firmware and has been fine since, I have seen various posts regarding this and different phones and maybe worth getting a MK3 to usb to the laptop will show exactly what’s going on and that way can diagnose it better. If I can help with anything more let me know meant to say a full system power down and ten minute reset, uninstall the app fully including cookies clearing them also then reinstall the app make sure your device doesn’t pair on its own settings menu but allow victron connect to find them as that’s the recommended way to connect them and works much better, go into your phone and reset all network settings also this will clear your WiFi passwords, Re install power back up and let me know how you get on thanks david

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

If you have anything else bluetooth in the caravan speaker? try turning it off to ensure only victron products connect to your phone

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @valiant81

Have you followed all the steps in our trouble shooting guide in the VictronConnect manual: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_Troubleshooting?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

valiant81 avatar image
valiant81 answered ·

Hello everyone; I did some web surfing after i made my post to your forum. I watched a youtube video on how to reset the battery charger back to it default settings. This i did and managed to also change the password. This i also have written down for safe keeping!!. My set up now works ok and my phone can see both the Victron smart shunt and the battery charger and i can look at all of the settings so, all good now !!

So i thank everyone in the forum for there help

2 |3000