question

shenggzzz avatar image
shenggzzz asked

Not charging OR1. Monitor showing 12v battery have 20v+ and panel has 13v.

This is from my RV's system. It looks like the PV voltage is too low to charge? Is that normal? My RV battery is 12V, why is it showing up 20V+?

215588216-1513451342327915-4327595575591693800-n.jpg

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markde avatar image
markde answered ·

Hi,

Maybe you mixed up the connection on the smartsolar ... maybe you connected the PV to the battery termimal of the smartsolar and the battery to the PV terminal of the smartsolar

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shenggzzz avatar image shenggzzz commented ·

Would the charger recognize that? I haven't modified the connections. It came from the RV.

0 Likes 0 ·
markde avatar image markde shenggzzz commented ·
To me it looks like mixed up.

you can make another screenshot after sunse. If the solar voltage is still 13.3 volts an the battery voltage is 0 volts… then you should check if the cables (solar and batter) are mixed up on the smartsolar.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

As others have stated, it appears that your connections are incorrect.

Has this system worked previously or is this a new installation?

If it has worked previously and hasn't had any changes made to it, then I would be inclined to think that there is a bug in the software.

If it is a new installation then I would definitely check your wiring.

In either case, if you are able to take voltage measurements at the terminals on the SmartSolar we would be able to confirm the issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

shenggzzz avatar image shenggzzz commented ·
Straight from the RV manufaturer but yes they were reversed.
0 Likes 0 ·