question

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates asked

Separate VRM email addresses for different alarm types?

Is it possible to have different users receiving alarm notification emails for different alarm types? For example, I want one user to receive the "no communication" emails, but a different set of users to receive the "fault" emails.

Thanks,

Allan.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Allan Yates,

Interesting question, not natively within VRM, but I still think it would be possible using your email mailbox rules.

You could set up a server side mail filter that either flags and prioritises emails that include the fault descriptor, and sends the rest of the VRM emails to trash.

Then the same but different that flags and prioritises the no communications email and sends all others to trash.

Then you enable alarm emails for both on the VRM site.

It might take you a bit of time to adjust the parameters of your server side email rules to get the right results, but I think this is possible and that is how I would do it.

If you don't have control of the different email accounts (such as they are your contractors or customers), then another way to go could be to setup a relay email service using the same logic. Sign up for a dedicated email inbox, and then have that automatically forward the appropriate emails to whoever you want based on the same rules.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.