question

Jonathan avatar image
Jonathan asked

Unable to clear “low power” notification from Multiplus/Touch50.

Recently installed all Victron 12V system in my latest van conversion. 2x200Ah Lithium Batteries, 3K Multiplus, Cerbo GX, Touch50, BMS CL12/100, load and charge battery protects & MPPT Solar controller.

At any battery voltage, including fully charged, I receive a “low power” notification from Multiplus showing up on the Touch 50. Multiplus is on, shore power disconnected and no AC load.

The Multiplus however appears to function properly in that as soon as an AC load is switched on (Eg hot water heater) the low power notification on the Touch50 clears and Multiplus inverts the load and all is right in the world. As soon as I turn off AC load, and again at any battery state of charge” the “low power” notification returns on the Touch50. Shore power switching and shore and solar charging all functioning normal as well with or without AC or DC loads.

Letting the BMS manage load and charge disconnect, The Multiplus Inverter DC Input low shutdown, restart & Pre alarms are set at 9.3V, 10.9V & 10.9V respectively as advised by my dealer. So I fail to understand the source of “low power” notification.

I’ve been through all posts, owners manuals, etc and remain without a solution to clear the notification. Any advise would be appreciated.

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jonathan,

do you have by any chance AES/Search Mode switched on in the MultiPlus?

If so, then the Low Power notification just tells you that the MultiPlus is in low power consumption mode while no load is connected and/or below the AES threshold. See the manual for AES and Search Mode.

If you don't want that, you can switch AES and Search Mode off, which will result in a higher standby power consumption of your MultiPlus.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonathan avatar image Jonathan commented ·
Thank you! Indeed I have AES Search Mode activated! I found the reference in the multiplus manual. Although it doesn’t specifically reference this “low power” notification, nor could I find reference to it in cerboGX/Touch50 manual, it appears to be the reasoning.

This seems like an opportunity for Victron to clarify this in the manual and perhaps display something along the lines of “AES/Search Mode” instead of “low power” on Touch50 display.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic