question

georgeleonardo avatar image
georgeleonardo asked

Desperate for some help with my MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-50

Hi folks! I've been posting a few questions here in the past week so I'm sorry for spamming even more but I'm in a desperate mode now since I should be leaving tomorrow for a 2 week trip with my van and my inverter is still not working.

I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing seems to work, here's a list of what happened and what I've done so far:

1. Battery voltage dropped very low and the system was shut down.

2. Inverter stopped working and wouldn't not even charge the battery.

3. I've got a new battery charger to get the battery back to full charge.

4. Inverter still not responding, but I can get into it with my MK3.

5. Checked the inverter fuse but all is working fine.

6. Tried changing a bunch of settings with VEConfig.

7. Tried to reset everything to default and removing the assistant.

8. Notice that the inverter would show unsupported firmware when using VictronConnect (screenshot attached)

9. Tried to install a new firmware with VEFlash, tried both 2708482 and 2708433 but nothing seemed to help.

10. Removed my VE.Bus BMS and installed my new Smart BMS 12/100 instead. Tried changing the assistant again and using both the remote and the temperature ports to control the inverter but nothing changed.

11. Tried using the most recent beta version of VictronConnect but it also didn't work.

I think this is mostly it. I'm just completely lost right now. I've been planning this trip for such a long time and I just don't know what else to do.

I would really really appreciate any help here.

Thank you!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hi georgeleonardo,
I have not read your other posts. Saying that you have done a lot.
If I would get this unit I would do the following to start with:

1) disconnect all AC input and AC output.
2) Disconnect the DC
3) open the unit and check the DIP switch 1 and 2
and set as follows: ds1: OFF and ds2: ON
4) connect the DC and switch unit ON. The light should come up now.
5) flash the latest firmware.
6) load assistance for the Lithium VE.BUS BMS
7) check the setting for charing and battery and the GRID settings.
8) check if there is AC output. This should be there now.
9) now connect to the VE.BUS BMS.
10) they try AC input ( you can set a limit if needed)

Of couse there can be many more settings.. But leave default at first and tweak later one by one if you are not 100% sure.

Hope this would help you to get the lights back on.

Regards, Rob

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgeleonardo avatar image georgeleonardo commented ·
Hi Rob! Thanks a lot and for answering! Does it matters if I disconnect the cables from the inverter vs just removing all loads and turning off the main battery switch?

I just tried that and all 3 lights blink when I turn it on but then they just stay off. Will the flashing the firmware now.

0 Likes 0 ·