question

richpeirce avatar image
richpeirce asked

Rename devices in VRM Portal so emails tell the Name and not port

I get emails that say "PROBLEM - Boat: Digital input alarm on Digital input"

I have no idea what is alarming, is there a way to rename the email alerts to say "Bilge"

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

You should be able to rename the input on the GX and then you will get that name instead.
Go Menu -> [The IO or device you are looking for] -> Device -> Name

Hope that helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alexv avatar image
alexv answered ·

Hello @rich.peirce@gmail.com, @shaneyake,

I am having the same problem where an email does not indicate which digital input the alarm is about. I have set the name as you suggested, but still the email does not indicate which input is alarming. Not the name and not the digital input number.

I have tried it using the alram setting of the digital input and also using a seperate alarm rule in the Input State.

The alarm logs in vrm do have the name and input number in the logs.

Did you ever solve this?

2 |3000

shicks3 avatar image
shicks3 answered ·

I'm having the same issue: I'm running 2.84 CerboGX. I've set the device names and VRM shows them correctly. But emails give no indication which device it is reporting. No name or device number, only the parameter. In my case I have several Ruuvi devices, all report "temperature" but I don't know which device. Would be awesome if this were fixed.

2 |3000