question

petsob avatar image
petsob asked

Smart Solar 100/20 and SmartShunt

Hi, I am new to this. Just installed a Smartshunt, the Bluetooth range is very poor. Mainly due that the batteries are deep down in the engine room in my boat. If i connect the VE.Direct from the shunt to the Smart Solar will the Smart Solar be able to relay the info on it's bluetooth ? The Solar charger is way better placed than the shunt. there is also a possibility to connect the Bluetooth dongle to the shunt and place it a little better, but will that work ?

//Peter

MPPT SmartSolarSmartShuntVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Is is not possible to have the SmartSolar relay the information from the SmartShunt.

It is possible to connect a VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle to the SmartShunt. This will cause the BMV to show up twice in VictronConnect when the internal dongle is also visible and it is not possible to provide different names for both connections. It is however possible to go to the SmartShunt "product info" screen and disable Bluetooth. This disables (only) the internal Bluetooth dongle.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.