question

malolo avatar image
malolo asked

Autotransformer - unusual install - neutral ground bond.

Please take a look at the schematic of this new Leopard Power Cat. It had 2 Pheonix inverters fed by a Centar 100a charger. The owner purchased 2 x multiplus to be able to charge the lithium batteries faster but neglected the fact that the boat did not have a source of 120v besides what was provided by the inverters.

-Shore power is split phase 50a going through an isolation transformer giving 240/60 single phase. Neutral Ground bond at the transformer.

- Selector switch to chose between the IT or generator for source of power.

- Generator wired for single phase 240/60. Neutral ground bond at the generator.

I’ve also included the Victron step down schematic for the autotransformer (disregard hand writing). And if I understand correctly if wired this way the neutral/ground bond would remain through the transformer (since we are not taking a neutral from the center tap?l)

The goal is tapping 120v from a 240 single phase which has N/PE bond at the source. How to best do this and what to do with the N/PE bond at the transformer. I do realize that the max will be 28 amps with this configuration. Considering adding a second transformer to feed each Multi independently. Multi are paralleled.

f047c445-4ff6-4bba-a354-00686bb0abb0.jpeg

dbaf134d-0f24-4d8d-bcae-97f02b2d1eaa.jpeg

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers