question

stuartmasters avatar image
stuartmasters asked

Lead crystal settings for BMV-712 Smart

Can someone help me with the correct app setting for a lead crystal battery? It's 100AH. I can not find any info on these batteries in the instructions.

batterysystem design
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

find the specifications of your batteries and use the values from it, you didn't state what brand / type you use, so we cannot google it for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
stuartmasters avatar image stuartmasters boekel ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ stuartmasters commented ·

Ok. so have you set all values on your chargers according to the datasheet? (I don't know what else is in your system)

then to start (you can fine tune if needed) set 'charged voltage' a little bit (0,1v) below absorbtion (at the maximum temperature you normally reach), and tail current slightly above the current you'd end absorbtion with.

0 Likes 0 ·

I have got the bmv-712 working, but am unsure as to what setting still. This is what I have set it up to.

0 Likes 0 ·

I also have a Redarc bcdc1240 in the system that managers the charge. This system is for my dual battery in my vehicle.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Ok I want to help you but you have to do some thinking for yourself also.

What numbers do you think you need to setup, and why? than we can help you finetune it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic