question

juan-f-mtz avatar image
juan-f-mtz asked

Will the Unit ID number of a BlueSolar Charger change at night if there is no battery connected?

Hello,

I have an installation of 12 BlueSolar chargers connected to 1 Cerbo GX via an actively powered USB-hub. Unfortunately, as I came to realize, the instance number of each one of them changes randomly when the modules do not generate power (usually at night) since I dump their power output onto a bank of power resistors through the battery output. My question is, will the Unit IDs of the solar chargers change as well when the modules lose power if there is no battery connected to them? In the end what I want is to be able to differentiate the PV power output of each module, so if the Unit ID number of each solar charger changes daily, I cannot address them via Modbus TCP. Is there a solution I am missing that does not involve using a battery? Would it be possible to connect a DC power supply to the battery output and dump the PV power through the load output to prevent the solar charger from disconnecting from the Cerbo GX, as well as the change of instance number and of Unit ID?

Looking forward to your enlightening answers,

Juan

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources