question

laz avatar image
laz asked

Assistance needed regarding writable registers of CCGX

Hi,

i have a configuration of 3 one phase 3KVA Quatro Victron inverter/cahrger that are connected with one Colour Control GX interface. Following the registry map (CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list-2.12.xlsx) I managed to communicate with CCGX via ModbusTCP and to collect all the measured values. In the register list there are also some writable parameters like "flags" and "switch position". I am able to control register 33 (switch position) through writing 1,2,3 or 4 in the register, but writing to the other writable registries (like 22,38,39) is ineffective. Is there any restriction through the configuration of Victron that doesn't allow writing to these registers?

CCGX Color ControlModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Laz, for ESS related modbustcp registers, see this document:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

angie avatar image
angie answered ·

The document @mvader is referring to is lacking a lot information, e.g: it emits clarifying which registers are used for the control of which ESS mode (2/3) and on top of that, it doesn't clarify the hierarchy between them. We had to pass 3 whole days in the lab with trial and error in order to figure all that by ourselves, when instead Victron could have clear documentation. The answer to @Laz 's question is that he probably needs to update to the latest firmware in order to use ESS assistant. Not being able to write to these registers sounds like a firmware issue due to lack of ESS Assistant.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Angie, yes indeed, our documentation about Mode 2 and 3 is not complete. Perhaps you are interested to help improve that documentation? Depending on what you can do, we could arrange a payment of some sort.

I'd arrange that you are in touch with the people that know the details. And then the task is to interrogate them until you know all, and then write it down in an understandable way.

0 Likes 0 ·
angie avatar image angie mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately, I am pretty busy at the research institute so I cannot assist you at the documentation improvement at the moment. Nonetheless, I will try to assist as a forum member whenever possible.

Looking forward to the new documentation whenever that may be delivered :)

0 Likes 0 ·