question

jupinho avatar image
jupinho asked

Easysolar: inverter timing (eg run inverter 1h/day)

To conserve battery power especially in low-solar times, I would like to feed power only for example 1h/day (ventilation, cameras, 4g router etc). Is it/will it be possible to program this to CCGX so that it switches inverter ON everyday at noon at OFF at 13.00?

CCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Are you worried about the standby load of the inverter? Or the consumption of the loads?

The lowest cost solution would be an external 24 hour 240v wall socket timer. They are $5 at a hardware store.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jupinho avatar image jupinho commented ·

The standby load is the one I am trying to eliminate during non-daylight times.

0 Likes 0 ·
jupinho avatar image
jupinho answered ·

The standby load is what I want to cut. Noticed from my BVM that inverter (without load) OFF is about 8w and ON about 24W,

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

There is no Victron supported option within the normal interface for this.

However, it seems like something that may be possible with node-red:

https://github.com/victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron/blob/master/documentation/specification.md

If you pursue this, please report back so that other community members can learn from your experience.

2 |3000

jupinho avatar image
jupinho answered ·

Great, thank you for that. Will look into it, and eventually let you guys know if managed to get that working!

2 |3000

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

If your inverter has a remote switch possibility you could use the generator start / stop function of the Venus device to switch the inverter on. (connecting the Venus relay to the remote switch)
Use 'daily test run' for simplest programming of the generator function.

4 comments
2 |3000

jupinho avatar image jupinho commented ·

Interesting... not sure if it has the remote switch by relay possibility. I can switch it on/off from CCGX (venus) remotely, but no idea about the relay possibility. Need to investigate.

0 Likes 0 ·

This is a very good suggestion.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I'm afraid it is not possible when also connected to a Venus devices or other remote panel.

I know it's on the feature request list to be able to switch on/off the inverters with a Venus device connected...maybe we need to shout about it to get it higher on the list.

0 Likes 0 ·
jupinho avatar image jupinho boekel ♦ commented ·

I think it would be easier to do it in CCGX software side; you can already manually switch off/on the inverter (either on-site or using remote console).

If one could do "daily test runs" on the inverter as well...

0 Likes 0 ·