question

boatnut avatar image
boatnut asked

No charge from SmartSolar controller MPPT100|50 - blinking bulk

I had solar panels and lithium batter upgrade over last winter. It worked flawlessly over the summer however the starboard side did not 'wake' up again once the batteries were put back on board. There is a blinking blue LED for Bulk. I have confirmed that the Rotary Switch is on 7 for Lithium and have restarted the charger by removing all wires and returning them with no change (blinking blue). I cannot find it on Blue Tooth to turn it back on for charging and can't get any response... Any ideas?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

You say did not wake up once the batteries were put back on board? Did you disconnect the solar from the MPPT before you removed the batteries? Failing to do this could damage the MPPT. Only way I've found to test this is on a bench with a dual variable supply, or a battery and a variable supply.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.