question

nathan-roberts avatar image
nathan-roberts asked

AC in 2 not detected.

I have a setup with two quattro 48/3000/35 in an mobile application setup for north American split phase 120/240v. The system inverts off batteries just fine and it will switch to mains when I connect a 240v source to both units. When 240v is not available i tried to connect 120v single phase to the master unit. I was expecting the master to switch to mains while the follower unit stayed in inverter mode. However, both units remain in inverter mode. I have verified there is no voltage on AC IN 1 and there is 120v on AC IN 2. The AC IN 2 on the follower is not connected. I use two assistants to change the charge current based on power on AC IN 1 or AC IN 2

Is there a setting that is expecting power on both units to switch to mains or something else?.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If switch as a group is enabled, then the system will behave as you are seeing it.
Try to uncheck "Switch as group" in the VE.Bus system configurator.

See this thread for more detail:
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/42762/split-phase-switch-as-a-group-setting.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nathan-roberts avatar image nathan-roberts commented ·
Perfect that was just the setting I was looking for.
0 Likes 0 ·