question

andru3 avatar image
andru3 asked

Skylla-IP44 Will Not Connect to Cerbo GX

Hello,

I have a Lithium ION battery install on a sailboat with tight space. Because of that, and because we do not need an inverter while out sailing, we went with Skylla-IP44 charger (instead of a MultiPlus) and a Cerbo GX to monitor the install.

However, the Cerbo GX does not recognize the Skylla-IP44. It is not in the list of available devices on the Cerbo GX. I've used RJ45 and terminators to connect one to the other as in the diagrams, and nothing (Pictures attached). I've also tried to update the firmware on the Cerbo remotely, but again, since the GX doesn't "see" the Skylla, I can't do it over the internet. I recently tried using the CanBus dongle and VEPower Setup to try to update the firmware of the Skylla, hoping that would fix the problem, but still nothing. VEPower Setup doesn't find the Skylla when searching for devices.

Please help! This situation is driving me crazy!!! I'd not have bought the Skylla-ip44 if I knew the Cerbo couldn't communicate with it.

Thank you,

-Andrewskylla.jpg

cerbo gxSkylla
cerbo.jpg (2.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The Skylla IP44 will not show on the cerbo or any other GX device via VE Bus

CAN bus interface (NMEA2000)
To connect to a CAN bus network, to a Skylla-i Control panel or to the Color Control digital display.

to use the CAN you must first setup a canbus or nmea2000 network first as below

1624178179072.png

1624178179072.png (54.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

s-v-simbora avatar image
s-v-simbora answered ·

Andrew,

Did you ever get the issue resolved?

I currently have the same issue between my Skylla IP44 and VenusGX.

The strange thing is that when I had the system setup in my garage for bench testing, everything worked fine. However, when I installed it on my boat, the VenusGX didn't see the Skylla anymore.

My next step is to take everything back to my garage again and try it there again - what a schlepp!

Philip

1 comment
2 |3000

edwin-earthcruiser avatar image edwin-earthcruiser commented ·

Hi,

Did anybody found solution for this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources