question

David avatar image
David asked

Easysolar-II GX with LG Chem Resu lost mppt comms

Tiny home with Easysolar-II 48/3000 GX with LG Chem Resu 10, & MPPT 250/70 has been operating well for 6 months except that around once a month the system looses comms to the MPPT. If not rectified, the system will keep working and drain the battery till it cuts out. The issue can be easily rectified by remotely on VRM or at site, but the issue reoccurs over time. If not picked up, the mppt goes off line and battery will discharge. Everything has been checked such as firmware updates, cables, connectors etc. Does anyone have any thoughts?

David / Mat

LG Chem RESU
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

Opps, Its an Easysolar-GX not a Multiplus-II.

David/Mat

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi I have had the same issue with a MPPT 250/100 /Can unit on one of our customer sites.

however when it did occur on this site I could NOT always get it to restart sometimes it had to have the input and output disconnected to get it t restart, once I manually reinstalled the FW and it restarted - but in the end we replaced the unit under warranty for the customer.

First make sure its on the latest firmware and check again. As you have the VRM so you should be able to see in the solar graph when the issue occurs and thus you can show your dealer.

Another issue could be a LONG VE bus cable. try a shorter cable as a test,

also check that the batteries BMS is NOT turning off on a over cell voltage, and thus open circuiting the system from the battery, as this will also cause issues.

If it keeps happening

record the times and dates for say 5 issues

Then take the unit back to your Victron Distributor and they will then check it and replace it if need be. they may also want to look at your VRM data as well

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Note if it looses comms but the MPPT is still charging then its a VE-cable issue, if it looses comms and stops charging then thats a full MPPT freeze. but if this happens I dont think you would be able to restart it remotely and more than likley a internal MPPT issue.

So how are you restarting it

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic