question

vicky avatar image
vicky asked

Temperature Sensor - DVCC and RESU 6.5 ?

I just "discovered" a temp Sensor hidden in the package of my Multigrid 3000.
(Multigrid, Venus GX, LG Chem RESU 6.5, external PV inverters ). Obviously the temp sensor is supposed to be used for the DVCC feature.
Reading through some documentation I found the following note:

Important: Where batteries are connected via CAN-bus, check the relevant page on the Battery Compatibility manual to see if enabling DVCC has been tested with your battery-type, and is OK. If DVCC is not mentioned in notes relating to your battery, do not enable DVCC.

Reading the Battery Compatibility Manual for my LG RESU 6.5, there is no specific note about DVCC. So shall I simply forget the Temp Sensor ?

And btw.. what are the other two T-sensors for which are listed under "devices".

Txs to get the newbie up to speed :o)

Temperature SensorLG Chem RESU
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You don't need connect the sensor to the MultiGrid in your case.
You can use that same temperature sensor for something else, connect it to the one of inputs on the Venus-GX and use it to measure the temperature of something else (room temperature, fridge etc).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

Thanks, always appreciate your help :o)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic