question

paulcaetano avatar image
paulcaetano asked

2 house battery banks, a 12V and a 48V. Cerbo GX setup

How would I setup my Cerbo GX to see both my 48V house bank and my 12V house bank? I’m setting up a 48V bank with 800W of lithium to run 2 5000W inverters. While keeping my original 12V bank as is.

I’m using a lynx shunt and a VE.BUS BMS

cerbo gx48v battery
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Vance Mitchell avatar image Vance Mitchell commented ·
Can you give us a bit more information about your system? What information are you hoping to get and how would you like to use the information?

The cerbo can log data from multiple sources to the VRM and you should be able to share the data from one source to other parts of your system. If you can explain what you are trying to achieve, I might be able to help more.

0 Likes 0 ·
hoeken avatar image hoeken commented ·
I dont know how deep you are into design, but I really wish I had used the new Lynx Smart BMS instead of a ve.bus bms + shunt. Its just such a nicer, cleaner install.

1. Ps. You can have multiple smart shunts that feed info into the cerbo as well, so you could put one on the 12v bank to monitor its status as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
maloya avatar image maloya commented ·

I have the same problem or question. On our boat we have a 12V battery bank, a Cervo GX, connected to BMV 700, it all work very well.

Now we will install a electric motor that works with 48V so we will have a second battery bank.

I do not want to have two Cervo GX if possible, space and cost are a premium in a boat.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
gogi avatar image
gogi answered ·

Hello

I have the same challenge on my catamaran: 48V LiFePO4 system (hybrid e propulsion) including WS500 and Victron Orion converter and 12V LiFePO4 system. I plan to regulate switch on/off the converter by Cerbo GX generator relay connection. I would need also the overview and management of both 12v and 48v systems' elements (MPPT 3x, BMS 2x, WS500, smart shunt 2x, through Cerbo gx on PC. Is it possible to control and manage two systems with one Cerbo gx? I would appreciate any exerience / advice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

terog avatar image
terog answered ·

I will continue to ask questions on this topic. I have designed a Raspberry Pi with Cerbo software for my boat. That was the easy part. The challenge in the boat is a 12 volt battery with Blue Smart, MPPT and DALY bms.

Also 48 volt system for Oceanvolt AX motor with DALY bms Oceanvolt uses NMEA2000 cable with connected BMV. The charger is Noco.

The idea was also to install Ruuvitag.

Can a 12volt and 48volt system be connected to the same Raspberry Cerbo system?

2 |3000

Related Resources