question

joncube avatar image
joncube asked

Blue Smart Charger not charging

Hi, I have a Blue Smart 12/17 and 12/5 charger. I'm trying to charge a 12v li 84 ah battery. Using the 12/5 charger appears to work fine. However I can't get the 12/17 charger to draw any current. I'm measuring the voltage at the battery with a multimeter and voltage reading does not change when I switch on charger. I've measured the voltage from charger on +ve wire when disocnnected from battery and reads higher voltage but when I connect to terminal it drops to battery voltage. App say charging Absorption at 14.2v / current 0A. I've tried 12/17 charger on lead acid battery and the same problem occurs. I'm switching within app between standard default charges for Li and lead acid. I think the 12/17 charger is problably faulty? Any insight into what the problem may be would be appreciated!

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
namtr0 avatar image
namtr0 answered ·

For anyone else who comes here like I did after a long day of doing things and being too brain dead to think of the obvious for the issue.
Check the inline fuse (20a)
voltage still shows in app even if fuse is blown but it can't push current with it blown (kind of the purpose).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic