question

av8r avatar image
av8r asked

Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30 Charger memory / setup

Background: I added this DC to DC charger to my Artic Fox Truck Camper to utilize my truck alternator to enhance the efficiency of charging the two camper batteries. On the truck side I attached my positive lead to my 230AMP alternator line with a 60AMP Circuit Breaker and a 100AMP Continuous Load Solinoid - switched on by a 30AMP protected (upfitter) switch in my F350. Everything works great but I need some additional info as I control the main power to the DC to DC converter in the truck via a switch which then closes the solinoid and activates the circuit for VOLT/AMP flow to the DC to DC Charger.

QUESTION: 1. Does the DC to DC charger have a memory so I don't have to "set it up" each time power is applied? Again, it has zero continuity until I switch on my solinoid --- I'm basically using that as my remote.

2. Should I still run wiring for a remote so it has some type of internal power when asleep? Although, for me it'll only be functional when loaded to the truck for camping.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers