question

znep avatar image
znep asked

NMEA2000 GPS

Hi folks,

I read in the v2.6 release notes that:

the ability to read GPS (location, height, speed) from the N2K network has been added.

I can't get this working with my CCGX running v2.66. It can see the other devices on my n2k network. I unplugged my USB GPS and rebooted.

Any tips on where to look or if there are any configuration options that need to be set? I couldn't find any.

Thanks,

Marc

NMEA 2000 - N2Kgps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

is the USB GPS a nmea0183 device, as most of these type of units are.

if it is then you will need a nmea0183 to nmea2000 converter at a Min and even then it may not work

Also adding a USB device to a GX device does not mean that it will connect you need drivers and the drivers in the GX device may not suit the unit you have.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

znep avatar image znep commented ·

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my post. The USB GPS works fine, I just don't want to use it if I don't need to. I have a Vesper Cortex on my n2k network that outputs GPS information that I would like to use instead.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic