question

ofernander avatar image
ofernander asked

Feature Request: Ability to turn NMEA 2000 GPS off

Just like the title says, would love to see the ability via a toggle switch in the GPS sub-menu to turn off/block the NMEA 2000 GPS PGNs.

I would like to turn the GPS off while still retaining the ability to output on the N2k network.

NMEA 2000 - N2Kgps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi!

Do you want to stop the GX from reading the GPS data from the N2K network?

why would you want that?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ofernander avatar image ofernander commented ·
Yes that is exactly what I want to do. I would like the ability to block specifically N2K pgns from being parsed by the cerbo gx

I’m requesting this feature for privacy reasons. I and others may not want to share our locations through the VRM with Victron. I however still want the ability to send other data to Victron and utilize the VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ofernander commented ·
Ah ok. I understand. I'll add it to the list. Please understand that it will take a while before this is implemented; probably a few months minimum.
0 Likes 0 ·
ofernander avatar image ofernander mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you for listening to this feature request. I look forward to it when/if it’s rolled into the already expansive options Venus OS offers.

Keep up the good work!

0 Likes 0 ·
pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips commented ·
This answer illustrates exactly why I'm, personally, not bothered that Victron knows where my van is.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic