question

alan avatar image
alan asked

Multiple GX units Temp inputs

Does anyone know if the Temp inputs from a second unit (venus, cerbo etc...) will show on the CCGX and vrm? Like the multiple tank inputs do.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:v2.60

A) For in chapter 1.4 - Multiple GX Devices for increasing number of tank inputs

(or to be put in a separate chapter)

Introduction

The number of tank inputs of a GX Device, such as the Cerbo GX and the Venus GX can be expanded by connecting multiple GX devices together in a VE.Can network.

Make sure to designate one GX device to be the “main” one; and the other(s) to be the “secondary” one(s). There is no practical limit on how many can be used - most likely the number of source addresses on a VE.Can network is the limit, which is 252 addresses. A Cerbo GX, with 4 tank inputs, will use up 5 addresses: one for itself, and one for each tank input.

Venus OSCCGX Color ControlVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Alan,

I don't understand your question?

Each system can only have a single GX device.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alan avatar image alan commented ·

Hi guy, as per the link I posted, since venusOS 2.6 additional gx devices can be installed as a slave in the 1 system.

One of the best features of Victron and probably the biggest reason I buy and recommend it over the rock solid reliability, is the continued expansion of venusOS and other Victron equipment.

It does however cause a lot of contradicting info in the Victron manuals/literature, I'm sure that it's a constant battle keeping it all up to date as best as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ahh true, I will need to update the manual to reflect that change - see Daniels answer instead.
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

alan avatar image alan commented ·

Yes and thanks.

I really needed an answer as my client is waiting for this and I don't want to buy unnecessary equipment.

0 Likes 0 ·