question

kenyon avatar image
kenyon asked

Three phase Multiplus system sudden phase rotation

@Matthijs @Guy Stewart

One of my sites is a 3 phase system with 3 multiplus 5kVA and Fronius Symo 12.5. Last week the system stopped accepting the 3 phase generator which was working fine two days before. No physical electrical changes have been made.

Would a 3 phase multiplus system ever reconfigure itself to cause a phase rotation issue? The system is set up to accept a "dirty power" generator which was working fine on tuesday, then yesterday the system rejected the generator completely. No-one changed any wiring. Today I rotated 2 phases then the system accepted the generator again.

Is there any possibility at all that the Victron system can change its own phase rotation configuration? A notable event is that yesterday the L1 phase from grid dropped off, L2 and L3 remained on.

Any one with experience on this?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerFronius
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james avatar image james commented ·

Hello

I have had a client with the same problem (phase rotation warning)and Nobody has been there to physically change any wiring - i noticed there have been firmware updates to 2.40 over the last couple of days. Could this have something to do with this warning? The warning started yesterday evening. I havent been able to go around yet and his battery is nearly fully depleted!

Have there been any further thoughts on this? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
kenyon avatar image kenyon james commented ·

Hi James,

The first time round was definitely a Victron thing. It could have been a firmware update - I dont know.

I did have a phase rotation on the same site happen 2 times again but it turns out these other occurrences was the utility company which did some line work and swapped 2 phases round.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

No, this is not possible at all. The rotation is fixed.

If L1 fails, the system should stop working.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kenyon avatar image kenyon commented ·

Thanks Johannes.

Yes the system works as it should, shutting off the input if any AC input phase is missing. The strange phase rotation issue has not happened again, despite numerous grid failure modes.

Kenyon

0 Likes 0 ·