question

protectyourenergy avatar image
protectyourenergy asked

2x Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 and Battery Protect

Hi there!

I am planning a setup with 2x MPPT Smart Solar 100/20 with 3x100Wp Modules each.

I also want to use a Battery Protect 65A for my Loads and also a Battery Protect for the already existing Battery Booster from another company. At the beginning I also wanted to run the Smart Solar through a battery protect.

But as far as I understood the Smart Solar 100/20 already has a kind of built-in Battery Protect. So there is no need to plug the BAT+ through an extra battery protect, right?

In the Manual there is a schematic that shows that the plus of „DC Loads“ is connected to one of the Battery Protect.
(I guess it can also be connected to both of them?!)

But what actually is this connection doing?

best regards and protect your energy!

MPPT SmartSolarBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
raphael avatar image
raphael answered ·

Yes, the Smart Solar 100/20 has a inbuilt battery protection feature for undervoltage disconnect and it is usually not necessary to connect a Battery Protect in series. But you can't exceed a load-current of 20A with the Smart Solar 100/20.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.