question

paul-2 avatar image
paul-2 asked

Victonconnect breaking VEConfigure 3?

It appears that after I connect to a device with Victronconnect, I can no longer reach it using VEConfigure. I just bench tested with a multi and it worked fine with VEConfigure 3, then I connected to it with Victronconnect and now when I tried with VEConfigure or VE.Bus System Configure, I just get the endless dots, then the 'help with connections' message. But I can't reach the multiplus anymore.

VictronConnectVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is VictronConnect still running in background?
Com-port connections can only be used from one program at the time.
If VictronConnect still running in background it blocks the connection for VE.config.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

darden430 avatar image
darden430 answered ·

VEConfigure is used to configure our Chargers as well as Inverter/chargers Use todays normal version, VEConfigure 3, for all newer versions. If all those do not work; the MK3 may be broken, please contact your dealer.

prepaidcardstatus

2 |3000

paul-2 avatar image
paul-2 answered ·

Mk3 still works (I can use it for Victronconnect). VictronConnect has been completely shut down (I've rebooted in between tries).

It appears that once I connect to a Multi w/ VictronConnect that the unit will no longer accept a connection from VEconfigure. A new unit right next to it will accept VEconfigure connection.

2 |3000

paul-2 avatar image
paul-2 answered ·

I think the blocked com port was the problem. It is still requiring a reboot, but will allow me back in with ve.configure now.

2 |3000