question

dsmith avatar image
dsmith asked

DC2DC or solar

I have solar and 30a DC 2 DC charger. My question is do I have to shut off solar when DC 2DC charging and same with solar or is it safe for both to connect charge battery at same time?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Dsmith,

its ok to have both chargers in parallel and charging at the same time.

But you to make sure not to exceed max. charge current of your battery installation.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dsmith avatar image dsmith commented ·

My battery max is 50a my charger is 30a for my solar charger is 40a is that what you mean? Sorry I'm confused.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dsmith commented ·

Yes. Depending on the type of battery, you must ensure not to exceed max. charge current at any time.

Lead acid for example should not be charged with more than 20% of it's capacity. If the battery capacity is 100Ah, then max. charge current is 20A.

If the battery is LiFePO4, then the max. charge current is probably much higher. You should contact your battery manufacturer and verify how much charge current your battery can take.

0 Likes 0 ·
dsmith avatar image dsmith Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes I have 206ah lithium battery max charge is 50a

0 Likes 0 ·